Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gambiy
Reel Rookie

Audio issues with two separate Roku devices in my home

Hello everyone. I am new to the Roku forums and just looking for some help/support on an issue that popped up a couple weeks ago for both me and another person in the house. We are experiencing constant audio break-ups every 15-30 seconds, such as skipping slightly ahead or even very short periods of silence. How this plays out in real-time is almost as if something is constantly causing the audio to get desynchronized from the video, and so the Roku is ALWAYS trying to re-synchronize it, causing the frequency of the issue.

The two devices affected are a 3920X Roku Premiere and a 3810X Roku Streaming Stick. Both have a software version of 11.5.0, with the Premiere having a build number of 4235-91 and the Streaming Stick having a build number of 4235-50. The only two apps that seem to have this issue that we use on a regular basis are Xfinity Stream and Hulu, ironically the two we use the absolute most. I have double checked many of the other apps installed on my Premiere and they do not seem to have this issue.

The issue we are having seems similar to the issue outlined in the thread seen here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/OS-11-5-Audio-Issues-with-my-Roku-Ultra-since-...
However, due to the fact that thread concerns Roku Ultra devices specifically, and also is seemingly related to something surround-sound oriented in particular, I have decided not to reply and make my own thread instead.

I am aware that the devices in question are somewhat old, however this is the first time I have ever experienced an issue so major with them. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the timing of this issue seems to align with the latest suite of updates that was recently released.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Fran03
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio issues with Roku devices in my home

Model no. 3810X – Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial # - YH003H647598
Device ID – C13953647598
Software - 11.5.0 Build 4235-50

Issue ID 98-450-512

Watching FOX – WTAT, but has also occurred on other channels.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model no. 3800X – Roku Streaming Stick
Serial # - YF003J236360
Device ID – CT3933236360
Software - 11.5.0 Build 4235-55

Issue ID 60-450-578

Watching CBS

Our issues started a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio issues with two separate Roku devices in my home

@Gambiy

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you with your issue(s) you are experiencing on your Roku devices, but need more specific information to assist you further. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gambiy
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R Thanks for the reply.

Device 1 is a 3920X Roku Premiere with serial number YH006A353151, device ID K430C6353151, and a software version of 11.5.0 • build 4235-91. Device 2 is a 3810X Roku Streaming Stick with serial number YH00AT055660, device ID 21304A055660, and a software version of 11.5.0 • build 4235-50. Like I said in the forum post, both are affected by this same issue.

The only two channels we have noticed this on so far are Xfinity Stream (version 6.9 • build 0) and Hulu (version 6.64 • build 2)

On Device 1, I went into the most recent cable channel I had watched through Xfinity Stream (comedy.tv specifically, but I have seen the issue on many other cable channels and even DVR recordings) and the issue immediately began. The Issue ID I was given is 51-459-639. Device 2 primarily belongs to my family member so I did not attempt to grab an Issue ID from it at this time.

There aren't really any steps to reproducing the issue. Simply playing any video content whatsoever on these two apps will cause the issue to start happening within the first 15-30 seconds of playback, and constantly afterward.

Thanks for reading. Continued support would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gambiy

Thanks for the follow up.

How are you connecting the Roku to your home setup? Is the Roku device connected directly to the TV? Are you connecting any external audio devices? Is it possible that you can provide a video of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gambiy
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R

The Roku is normally always connected to the TV directly. No external audio devices are in use whatsoever, we always get our audio signals from whatever the HDMI is pumping out, which then goes out of the built-in speakers on our TVs.

I can attempt to provide video of the issue but how should I go about doing so?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gambiy

Thanks for the post.

If you are able to record the video that you are experiencing, please feel free to send me a PM regarding the next steps for us to retrieve the video.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos