Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio issue distortion (the right speaker as we have seen).

Jump to solution

So, as you are not a Roku employee, you do not decide what is covered and what is not. Am I correct?

At least some of these devices are defective from the manufacturer, and as such, the manufacturer should be taking responsibility to remedy the units that are defective, regardless of warranty. The devices were not misused to cause the issues.

There are defect recalls, not just safety recalls.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is a Roku community. Anyone can join and reply. FYI….. next time buy an extended warranty 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So, according to you, a decision to remedy an identical defect issue on numerous customers devices has a time limit? What is it, 15 years? 10?.

Just how long should one of the streambars last on average? Please, inquiring minds want to know.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You realize your arguing over nothing. You act like you spent $1000. Heck people spend $50,000+ on a new car. Years later it’s out of warranty. You buy a home. A year later the roof is leaking. The 20 or so people on here don’t account for the millions sold with no defect. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Must be nice to have money falling out your **bleep**.

Not everyone is in that position.

Anyway, Roku support called me and it looks like I may be getting a replacement from them after testing on another TV.

Thanks for not being any help at all and showing off your elitism.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

And exactly how did Roku support call you? There are 3 ways to contact them. Chat, email and here 

0 Kudos
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I initiated chat, ran their diagnostics and troubleshooting, they said someone will call me and to let them know in chat when we connected.

They just asked for my mailing address, so...

0 Kudos
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Confirmed they are sending a replacement with prepaid RMA.

Top notch support.