Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris60347

Audio cuts in and out on Roku Express

I am having the same problem with my Roku Express. The audio will cut in and out sporadically. I have changed the HDMI Cable to a known good one, and I have tried different inputs into my receiver.

The problem persists. The video will continue uninterrupted.

I have a Roku Express, X004004A74DM, purchased on 9/30/2022. It is connected to a Sony AV Receiver Model STR-DH550.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio cuts in and out on Roku Express

Hi @chris60347

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For us to isolate your audio issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your device?
  2. Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your Roku player setup? If so, what is the make/model of that unit?
  3. In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.?
  4. When did you start seeing the issue? 

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

My Roku has also been cutting in and out since we bought it, on any app and channel and it is only connected to the tv sound. I have checked for updates, restarted my Roku, tried connecting it to a sound bar, and checked the sound settings. I have no red flags but still there is a glitching in the sound. Can you help me?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kyliebtalbot

Thanks for the post.

Does this happen with all content on you the channel or does it only happen with specific titles?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos