Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TigerPhins
Reel Rookie

Atmos & 4k stopped working on Express 4k 3920

Its been working and now all of a sudden it’s stopped.

My system is fine. I can plug in my other Roku and XBOX Series X and stream the same exact 4k Atmos Netflix/HBO content w/o a problem.

I did a restart. Updates are fine.
Audio Mode is set to Auto
Streaming Audio Format is Auto
Digital Output Format is Auto

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Atmos & 4k stopped working on Express 4k 3920

Do you have any of the "Volume modes" enabled?  While playing a video press the * button to check.

Not that it matters, but the 3920 was a "Premiere" model, not an "Express" model.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TigerPhins
Reel Rookie

I did a factory reset and it fixed it. 

0 Kudos
JessterP

I have the same exact issue. I just spent 1 hour texting back and forth with support and they are trying to pawn it off on the different apps netflix, Disney Plus, Apple TV.... I can go my Samsung TV apps as well as my PS5 apps and they still work fine. But after doing a factory reset and resign into all my accounts they'll work fine for a week or so. It's total BS! Their customer service is horse dung!! Their customer service agent Emmanuel disconnected our chat when I Schooled her with my logic because she had me uninstall Netflix and reinstall it and Dolby Atmos still didn't work. But for some reason it works after the factory reset. She couldn't answer it and all of a sudden the chat was disconnected. I purchased four different Roku devices but this is the only one connected to Dolby Atmos system. I guess I will be giving an Amazon fire stick a chance. Especially since Amazon music offers Dolby Atmos music now!

0 Kudos