Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glr2472
Channel Surfer

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

I purchased a Roku Ultra LT a month ago and still having the HDCP issue, followed all the procedures they keep repeating but does not solve it. The issue happens at random, sometimes several times a week or once a week.

No help from Roku, I guess they figured that by ignoring the issue it'll just go away. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@glr2472

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please provide us with the information asked by @RokuDanny-R in this post. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza 

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wsasser
Channel Surfer

It would have been great the first time that I put this info in that someone would have looked into this, but anyway.....

SN: X01600XRK5UT

Device ID: S07P222RK5UT

Software Version: 11.0.0 Build 4193-CR

The Home button and Back button combination does not generate any type of ID.  It just goes back to the home screen and sits there. 

Is there any way that I can get a refund for this?  I'm tired of looking for support and seeing my device is not supported in the support chat.  There is no phone number to call on the site, and when I do, when I type in the model that I have, I'm told that it's not supported and I get hung up on. 

0 Kudos
Koffee

Hello I have just recently changed to the Roku express 4k: since the switch, though not every time but more often then not I have had to unplug and replug in my HDMI cable to reset the HDCP error that comes up. Navigating the menu the error never appears it only happens after I click on an actual movie/show to watch. I replaced my old HDMI with the new one that came with the roku as well and still have same ongoing regular HDCP error. Please advise what is needed to not have this keep happening - Thank you Adam.

Device Model - 3941X Roku Express 4k+

Device ID - S07P222F58SG

Software OS/version - 11.0.0 build 4193-CR

0 Kudos
glr2472
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D 

Here is the information you requested, the issue continues to happen, doubtful I'll hear back with a solution, probably more of the same of passing the information to the engineers to find a solution and never hear back from you.

Roku device model: 4801RW-Roku Ultra

serial number: X0100070KWEG

device ID: SODD3250KWEG

software OS/version: 11.0.0 build 4193-DE

what is your TV resolution? 1080

when did you start seeing this issue? 09/21/22

Is the device that you are experiencing this issue with brand new? Yes

cube1us
Reel Rookie

Follow up.  I thought I’d try a different HDMI cable.  When I did that, I had no issues.  So I  switched back, and also no more issues for the last couple of days.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Koffee

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please provide us with this additional information:

1. What's your TV resolution? Is it 1080p or lower?
  2. When did you start seeing this issue? Is the device that you are experiencing this issue with brand new?
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

With this information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@glr2472

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed your information on to our team working on this issue. Once I got an update, I'll let you know immediately. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing HDCP errors on your Roku device, we suggest running a manual update by navigating to Settings > System > System update > Check now

For more troubleshooting steps, check out this link: Fix an HDCP error

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pielswheels
Binge Watcher

Please help. New Roku Express 4K+ giving me HDCP error. My old Roku device working fine on same tv.

Model 3941X

Serial #X01600VFAK1R

Device ID S07P427FAK1R

Thank you,

0 Kudos