Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomMcMenamin
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

Has ANYONE gotten a reply from technical support after giving them the info that they requested, ie serial #, model#, etc ??

0 Kudos
chris100

Model 3941 X Roku Express 4K+

Device ID S07P219H9T88

Software Version 11.0.0 build 4193-CR

Intermittent Hdcp error 020 when first turning on Samsung tv and accessing YouTube tv.

Does not happen every time. Have followed instructions to resolve and reset Hdcp error many times. Replaced hdmi cable with Amazon basics 3 foot 18Gpbs,4K/60Hz used several different hdmi ports on back of tv. Thank you.

0 Kudos
wsasser
Channel Surfer

I've gotten nothing from an actual Roku support person on this.  Seems like this has been going on for quite a while with the thread starting last year and no actual solution yet.

0 Kudos
dbky40146
Channel Surfer

I found my problem.. I tried a couple different streaming players and low and behold i get no hdcp errors..So the problem is the hdmi port on my roku ultra..

0 Kudos
Spiritriver
Streaming Star

Well, other streaming players work, and the Roku doesn't.  That doesn't mean the problem is with the port.  I've exchanged 3 Roku players.  All had the same issue.  I have two other non-Roku players that don't have the problem.  They're all 4k Dolby compatible.  All have the same HDCP protection.  So, either a massive number of Roku's have a port problem, or they have another problem.  I sent in a couple of screenshots with the error message.  The first was ignored, but the second one prompted a reply that my device was defective, and they sent a replacement.  The replacement still produces the message, but instead of multiple times daily, it only comes once every 3-4 weeks.  I watch a Fire Cube in the mornings and the Roku in the evenings.  The Cube has never had a problem, and both are wired exactly the same way with the same kind of UHD cables.  The streaming stick had the problem for a day, but has not had a recurrence.  I watch the Cube in the morning because some stuff is easier to find, and it provides some closed captioning that Roku doesn't.  I read somewhere a software update is anticipated, which will fix the problem.  Based on my experience, I think they have both software and hardware problems.  If not, the replacement device would behave as poorly as the previous ones.  

0 Kudos
TomMcMenamin
Reel Rookie

Spirit river, try this as I had the same problem. I had to disable the “power saver” and it worked like a charm !

How to disable auto power savings
You can use the following steps to disable
auto power savings.
1. Press Home A on your Roku remote
2. Scroll and select Settings
3. Select System
4. Select Power
5. Select Auto power savings
6. Uncheck the box next to After 20
minutes of no interaction

Spiritriver
Streaming Star

That was one of the first things I did.  It wasn't helpful.  Factory reset caused it to happen more frequently.  What I find really interesting is that it's only happened when non-HDCP programming was on, like pre-2000 stuff.  Disney is all 4K HD, and it's never happened there.  I suspect the error message is like a "check engine" light, the result of any number of things, and virtually none of them involving HDMI cables.  

The message is only appearing every few weeks now, so it's not bothering me too much.  My question is, how can it be CP'ing the HD if it only activates every few weeks when non-HD content is playing?  

0 Kudos
Stega
Reel Rookie

Model 3941X

Software version 11.0.0:4193

Device ID S07P222DX5KJ

Serial No. X016003DX5KJ

I get a lot of hdcp errors and screen going black and then on.

0 Kudos
Mdlyors

3941rw

xo16005ppt7a

soah21cppt7a

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@chris100 @wsasser @dbky40146 @Spiritriver @Stega @Mdlyors 

Thanks for the posts.

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with the following information:
-what Roku model device are you using
-what is your TV resolution?
-when did you start seeing this issue occur? did this issue happen prior to OS 11.0?

With more detailed information. We will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos