Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Birdbrain74
Channel Surfer

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

@atc98092

Thanks for you info. Already knew the steps to get a tracker ID but was looking to hear from Roku what they are doing -- if anything -- about this. Or what customers can do.

By now I'd like to think they have sufficient data from users and could have taken action.

0 Kudos
jillyhip

Model 3941R Roku Express 4K+ 2021 and get the HDCP error when starting the Spectrum app. It started happening about 2 months ago. We fix it by unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in. Going to the monitor setting on the Roku and having it automatically detect the resolution works as well. I hope this can be resolved soon. Thanks

Jill

0 Kudos
j4c
Reel Rookie

I get this error at least once a day.  I have been having it for over a year or two.  I have done all of the steps they have said, and have also bought a new HDMI cable.  Still having the same issue.  -Roku device model 3931TW, device ID S0123040KLFY, and software OS/version 11.0.0 BUILD 4193-AE

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@jillyhip just for information to you and other users. Posting a year with the model name is meaningless, since Roku continues to use the same name on players with significant internal changes,. You need to provide the model number, not a name.

The Express 4K+ is new enough that there's only one model number (3941) for it, but for almost all other players there's anywhere from two to six different models with the same name. And there can be significant internal differences between model numbers. I have a 3941, but I previously only use it for traveling. So far I haven't encountered any issues with it. If you have a different HDMI cable to try, give it a shot.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@j4c the 3931 is not the same device being discussed here. It is the 1080p version of the Express+, not the 4K version. It supports HDMI 1.4, not HDMI 2.0. I recognize you have the same issue, but wanted to clarify that it's not the same device. Hopefully Roku discovers the issue soon and can address it with a software update. 

Dan

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

@atc98092 

Then why does the topic of this post state the Express 4k +? I have the Express 4k + and I've been having the HDCP issues for months.  

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

@atc98092 

My bad lol. I misread your post. 

atc98092

@thost19 my response wasn't addressed to you. The person that I tagged in my message has the basic Express+, not the 4K version. Two completely different players. 

Dan

0 Kudos
johnds
Channel Surfer

Hi .. I am using a ROKU 4K+, model 3941X.

About 10 days ago I started getting 'HDCP error' messages. I follow the instructions to fix and it works ok.

A few days later the error reappears. I repeat instructions, it works ok a few days then error reappears. 

What's the long term fix?

Thank you ... John

0 Kudos
johnds
Channel Surfer

yes

0 Kudos