Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gogphoto
Channel Surfer

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device? - Issue ID AP-172-795

Issue Report Tracker

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Software Version: 11.0.0•build 4184-CR

Timestamp: 2022-04030T23:55:09Z

Issue ID AP-172-795

0 Kudos
YourUsername
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device? - Issue ID AP-172-795

I bought 4 Roku 4K sticks on Friday and 3 of them work flawlessly. I’ve spent the last two days scouring the internet for a way to fix the hdcp issue with the 4th. 

The device will work if I unplug the Roku and tv power. Changing the tv resolution and power settings didn’t prevent the error from popping up. 

Im not going to unplug my device and my tv everyday or even multiple times a day.

Firesticks are $25 on Amazon right now. I just ordered one. I wish I’d ordered 4 to begin; I would have saved $100.

If you buy a Roku, do not throw the box and receipts away! You can’t return them otherwise.

0 Kudos
YourUsername
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

It’s not worth the aggravation. I have friends with firesticks and they are fine. 

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

I had 5 firesticks and they all recently became useless garbage after Amazon pushed a major update. They did nothing to correct it either. I trashed them and bought 5 Roku Express and they are light years ahead in speed and quality. I'll tollerate a few hiccups every now and then because they usually quickly get resolved. At least Roku attempts to correct issues. Amazon does not care. Everyone has different situations though. So whatever works best... I say go for it.

miadlor
Streaming Star

What's the status on this issue?

0 Kudos
gogphoto
Channel Surfer

I haven’t had the error in two days, so it seems like it’s cleared up for me. I’ll let you know if that changes.

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Mine our still randomly doing it every now and then but not every time. Still have to unplug and plug back in when it does it to correct it.

0 Kudos
dfpollard
Reel Rookie

This is happening every couple of days now. Getting very frustrating!

- Roku device model: 3941X

- device ID: S07P21DDA1G4

- software OS/version: 11.0.0 build 4193-CR

- steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: turning on, changing channel (seems to be random)

- when did you start seeing this issue occur: 1 month ago; only affects one of our two TV's

0 Kudos
Bruce58
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+

ERROR 020

Device Model 3941X

Device I.D. S07P2169LDDX

Software OS Version 11.0.0 . build 4193-CR

Everything worked well for over 1 year, now daily error messages

0 Kudos
Bruce58
Reel Rookie

Yes, HDCP Error Detected

Error 020

0 Kudos