Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliverevilO
Binge Watcher

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

I was getting it every other time I turned on my 3930, until I made a habit of restarting it before trying to watch anything

RiversideGuy
Streaming Star

What we need is reports from anyone who has gotten OS 11.x... did they solve the issues even though they never spoke to those of us with bricked devices. I remember getting 10.x a good 4-5 months after they announced they were rolling it out.

0 Kudos
JDN1
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra Model 4640X, 7LC686444541

Error 020 HDCP Error, 

Tried all of the listed fix's still get error at all times, Replaced Roku device and all works fine. TV is 1020P

Tried different TVS including 4K same error. Is the box faulty?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JDN1,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for sharing your experience. 
We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. When did this issue first start occurring? What is your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About? In addition, kindly provide the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Two of my Roku Express 4k + have started giving me HDCP errors on my 1080p televisions. This just started last week. Not sure of the exact day. I have to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in to get it to work again. The Roku Express on my 4k TV is not doing this.....yet.

gogphoto
Channel Surfer

We were away for a week, and since we returned home (4/23/22,) we've been getting the HDCP error every other time we turn on our ROKU and try to start a show. It's annoying to have to power everything down, unplug and replug every time. I've tried both HDMI ports and different HDMI cables as well.

Was there a software update that happened while we were away that could account for the issue, since we haven't had the issue before in the 3 months we've had the RE 4K+?

Model: 3941X

Software v: 11.0.0.4184

Device ID: S07P217RS8AP

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@thost19

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@gogphoto

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

Hi Danny. Although it seems to be happening randomly, the HDCP error happened again today. It seems like the latest firmware version is causing it. Here's the info you requested:

Roku Express 4k+

Model: 3941X

Serial#: X01600RUER2N

Software version: 11.0.0

Build: 4184-CR

Issue ID: 2N-171-055

Turning on the Roku and trying to watch any app, this HDCP error will randomly pop up. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in will cause the error to go away. Its happening on 2 of my Rokus so far and this was not happening prior to last week. I have 5 Express 4ks in my house with 4 of them connected to 1080p TVs. The 5th one on my 4k TV has not been updated yet, so I don't have this issue on that TV.

0 Kudos

Hey

I am seeing it, what's the issue you're facing right now?

Regards 

MyFordBenefits

0 Kudos