Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
android927
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

@DunkinIdaho It sounds like you are having the same issue as i am. The weird thing is that i also have a Roku Premiere in another bedroom and the Magellan app works just fine on that one. It seems to be the specific combination of the Magellan app and the Roku Express 4K that causes the issue.

0 Kudos
garrisop

Re: HDCP error on specific content?

I have the same problem.  The content starts to play, but then an error message pops up telling me to unplug both my Roku box and my TV (or cable box), then plug them back in. It doesn't help. The message also directs me to a broken link.  I can play the content on my laptop, my phone and my tablet.  Just not on Roku.  Glad I'm not the only one having the problem, but I sure wish somebody would solve it.  I'm paying a premium (non-refundable) for a Magellan TV subscription.

0 Kudos
kmc2379

I started having issues last night. After an update,  nothing works on the Roku. The remote seems to still work to turn the TV on,  off, or the volume up/ down, while it dies not work at all with the Roku device. 

Roku Premiere+

7KA682997927

MODEL 4630X

FCC ID TC2-R1013

IC 5959A-R1015

0 Kudos

• Roku device model: 3941X- Roku Express 4K+
  • Device ID: S07P514N9AXR
  • Software OS/version: 10.5.0 (Build 4208-CR)

This issue has been occurring since I purchased the device in June 2021. If I leave the TV to idle (or turn it off) for more than a few hours, it will either display a purple screen or the HDCP error, which goes away if I turn it off and back on, but will come back if I try to stream anything (Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc). The only way I've found to stream is to unplug it and plug it back in, which is impractical to do every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

0 Kudos

Model 4800X-Roku Ultra

S?N X010004p02t8

Software 10.5.0 build 4208-C2

Device ID S02A2219P02T8

Unable to view CNN or any other Channel on SLING TV but work OK on Spectrum App

Happened today also happened earlier view mkv's 3 days ago, but not MP4's???

0 Kudos
dafellows5
Reel Rookie

Well after reading all this I guess I will not put my info on here since Roku supposedly has been trying to fix this for over 6 months. I used Roku several years ago then paid big monthly to ATT U-verse for tv for several years and decided to go to streaming to save money. So bought new Roku and new OLED LG tv and it happened the very next day. May be time to go firestick. Come on Roku get it fixed before you lose all your customers!

0 Kudos
RiversideGuy
Streaming Star

This seems to be happening with a whole bunch of different models and best I can guess, started with the 10.x series of OSes. They are either disinclined to fix the issue or maybe are not capable of... I suspect the latter is the case because after such a length of time there should no reason it hasn't been fixed. AND what further pisses me off is total radio silence from Roku HQ. Frankly I'b be ok to simply get the previous 9.x OS, but that ain't gonna happen. There is a WF 6 (ax) capable Firestick that I plan to get very soon... plus I won't be shy about expressing my feelings towards Roku in any other forum, it's simply a bad investment as they can't seem to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
bevsparks
Reel Rookie

I read that Fire-stick has the same issues.  

0 Kudos

Used Roku yesterday and it was fine. Turned it on this morning and the screen is “off the edge.” There have been no updates, changes, nothing. I tried switching from auto-detect to manual 1080p, tried 720 p, restarted the Roku twice… looked for a software update (none have happened since December 10 and none were available)… I even did a factory reset. Nothing worked. Not only is the Roku menu off the edge, but the apps and show playback are as well. 

model 3930x - Roku Express

software: 10.5.0 build 4208-AE

device id: SOO8314MYHRP

0 Kudos
Quadruplex
Reel Rookie

I just got my device today and am getting Error 20.  I see the home menu just fine, but when I select a source, the screen goes solid magenta.  If I power it off and back on, I see the home screen of whatever I had selected, but if I pick a video and try to play it...all I get is audio and a black screen.

The device did auto-detect my display settings correctly to 1080i...as it is a Sony KD-34XBR970.

Here's the device info:

Model 3941X

S/N: X01600E59TMR

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4208-CR

Device ID: S07P21759TMR

0 Kudos