Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

@LouV1

Thanks for the post.

Try using this link to our Support page regarding HDCP errors: https://support.roku.com/article/208755468

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DL68

Hi I am having problem with my recently purchased Roku Express Device. The device was working fine for several days and then recently we started getting a HDCP Error 20 message. I tried the fix mentioned on the Roku device (unplugging device and TV but it does not work). Here is the info that you requested:

Device Model: 3930x - Roku express

Device ID: S0083157K56J

Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4181-AE

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Troyster
Channel Surfer

I can't find the info you requested but you KNOW there is an issue with these devices.  I am annoyed.  My 1st Generation ROKUS worked just fine but won't support some of the apps now.  It is the DEVICE that is faulty.  And you know it, DANNY.

JRitchie

Model: 3930X - Roku Express

Software Version: X004009S4VTN

This is the third time since receiving my Roku Express a week ago, that I have had to repeat the HD Copy Protection Procedure.  Nothing changes, just every other day it starts up that way.

To Fix:  I unplug the cables, turn off the power.  Turn the power back on, plug the HDMI cable back into the Roku Express and my Monitor. (Sceptre HD 75hz) and now I can watch the movies I own on Prime.

------------------------

Beginning:  When I first received the Roku Express I was able to watch all my content.  Two days later,  I tried to watch a movie on Amazon Prime and I get the error screen of HD content is copy protected, I can't view it.

I went to Roku.com and found the procedure to fix it.  I replaced my high grade HDMI cable with the one that came with it, did the procedure and I was able to watch streaming media again.  Two days later, it happened again.  This time I did not change out the cables, I left everything the same and just did the procedure.  Once again I could watch streaming media.  Next day, at first start up I get the error for the HD copy protection.  I do the same bloody procedure and again it is fixed, without changing anything.  Just unplug cable and power then plug back in.  

This is stupid, I have to do this every other day, what a piece of **bleep**.  It also reboots during playback of a movie.  It has done that twice.  Very ANNOYING! 

I say I take a hammer to this Roku Express and get an Amazon FireStick.  The only reason I got it was because the Roku 2 was not being supported anymore.  Also lost my Angry Birds game, it did not port over to the new Roku Express like all my channels did.  So far I find no redeeming features of the Roku Express........... 

0 Kudos

I just replaced my ROKU 3 (no issues with ROKU3) a week ago with the Roku Express 4K, and I have to unplug my device daily because my screen will go black without sound for any video regardless of channel. Rebooting does not correct this issue.  Once I unplug it for 10 seconds and plug it back in, I can watch any video.  I have received the HDCP error as well.  What email do I send my system's information?

0 Kudos
Troyster
Channel Surfer

No solution, no response.  Oh, you can "fix" the problem by unplugging and replugging device.  Every time.  Every single time.

0 Kudos
bobcat1
Binge Watcher

I solved the problem by purchasing a 4k/8k HDMI cable from BB package states eARC and Dolby vision capabilities. The cable is connected to my Denon HDMI  (ARC). all other connections are HDMI ETHERNET HIGH SPEED. this includes ROKU ULTRA. One connection to my LG OLED TV(HDMI 2 ARC). All devices work perfectly. Denon AVR displays proper output connections(DD, ATMOS DOLBY VISION,DTS etc. when switching input Ps make sure your devices have the latest software. For ROKU your software should be 10.0.

0 Kudos
silkenstrand
Reel Rookie

Where is the post for people seeing it constantly on the Ultra though?

0 Kudos
jm9082

Just started having this problem.  It doesn't happen with my sling app but can't watch netflix, hulu.  

Model 4800RW

Device ID-  S02C208YF5G8

Software version- 10.5.0 build 4191-C2

0 Kudos
Avila1377

Model 3810x roku streaming stick

Device ID 215033824898

software version 10.5.0 build 4191-50

0 Kudos