Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itsaname
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

Model: 3930RW-Roku Express

Model ID: S0092050V36Y

Software Version: 10.0.0 Build 4209-AE

Has been working for over a year in upstairs bedroom. HDCP error started yesterday. We use wi fi to stream as our wired connection is downstairs.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Itsaname

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the information provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fishface
Streaming Star

Had the problem more than 6 months ago “cured” with a Roku reset.  Occurred on my Premiere Plus.  No problems with that since.

0 Kudos
Mr_Pink

Hello,

I’m consistently getting HDCP errors. Disconnecting / reconnecting does not solve the issue. 
Model#: 3941X - Roku Express 4K

device ID: S07P217NWMHD

Software versio : 10.0.0.1 - build 4180-CR

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mr_Pink

Thanks for the post.

For more information about troubleshooting steps regarding HDCP errors with your Roku device, visit our Support page here: Fix an HDCP error

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bobcat1
Binge Watcher

Hello I am having this problem

SKU#4800R (on box)

4800X in settings???

software 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

ID SO2A215AEXJA

0 Kudos
Rklynch

Model 3930rw, software x00400hcm7a5, device s009205cm7a5   I keep going back to the home screen trying to go to any channel and I get a channel, click on it pick a show, click on it and the screen has the HDMI saying, I can hear the show but not see it.

0 Kudos
Rlarms

Re: Roku Express k4 HDCP error

I am getting error code 020 whenever I try to play any video on my new Roku Express. I set the roku up on Sunday. It worked perfectly for 2 days and now nothing. 

I have model number 3930X, software version 10.5.0, build 4174-Ae

0 Kudos
Bob25

Yes, I’m seeing this error on a new Roku that I’ve just setup with my TV. The TV is an older Samsung unit. Here’s the info you requested:

Model - 3941X - Roku express 4K+

Device ID - S07P216WPPG7

Software - 10.5.0 build 4167-CR

Isuue occurred immediately upon setting up device on my TV. Roku Home Screen displays fine, but once I try to stream, I sometimes get a blank, purple screen (which can sometimes be resolved by cycling through the inputs). And if that does go away, when I try to play something, I get audio but no picture. Eventually, the HDCP error screen will come up. 

FYI, I have a newer Samsung TV that works Ok. Both show 1.4 generation of HDCP.  The older TV shows a max display of 1080i, while the newer is 1080p. 

I appreciate any help you can provide. 

0 Kudos
LouV1

i get error code 020....to play this content, all hdmi connection   

must support bandwidth digital content protection (hdcp).  i did what it said but still can't get netflicks 

i went togo.roku.com/hdcphelp

page does not come up

it plays prime, fox nation etc....  just wont play netflix...

0 Kudos