Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rbracke

Apple TV App stopped playing content on Roku TV

This does not work!!! Tries it repeatedly. Mine is w abc app on Roku tv but still does not resolve it. Also this isn't the first time,  it's been happening on and off for months!!

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Apple TV App stopped playing content on Roku TV

Hi @Rbracke 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on Apple TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Peterls
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue for the last two evenings. It is only Apple TV AFAIK (all other channels that I tried are working). I select Apple TV and the screen goes dark and stays that way.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Peterls 

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Peterls
Reel Rookie

That worked.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Peterls 

Thanks for the update.

We are glad that you were able to resolve your issue with Apple TV. In case the issue resurfaced, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Have a great day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos