Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nxx

Re: Apple TV App Buffering / 4K HDR + Dolby Atmos

I'm still having issues with apple tv. Unable to play after fast forwarding during 'long way up'. Switching back to stereo fixed it.

0 Kudos
jb510

TCL Roku v9.4 and still getting stuttering on AppleTV+.  Audio is out to a Atmos 7.1 soundbar.

Sometimes goes as long as 5 without a stutter, but then sometimes it does it every 10 seconds.  

How are folks switching the output to Stereo?  Is that an AppleTV app setting, or do you need to change the Roku ARC audio out from auto to forced stereo?

0 Kudos
BarryS
Channel Surfer

Just lazy ROKU taking their time... many months already... to correct this issue. Sub-par support. I recall some specific bothersome problems approx 2-3 years ago which took them 6 months until they finally corrected it.

0 Kudos
VVV1
Streaming Star

APPLETV 4K issue! VISION movies playing in HDR

WELP, here we go again.  All of the movies I've purchased in the APPLE TV app that are supposed to be in Dolby Vision are now playing in HDR.  Meaning the HDR logo pops up in the upper right corner.  Any ideas on this??

0 Kudos
AudioGuru
Reel Rookie

2021 is here and where are the ROKU engineers who should be fixing this?

Asleep on the job I suspect.

Realdine
Binge Watcher

Change the roku audio settings to force stereo. For me, the problem was resolved since the october 2020 update. Now, since the last update november 2021, all my 4k atmos movies begin to stuttered again.

0 Kudos
Nishbot
Binge Watcher

Reporting in. Also having this problem via Apple TV+ app through TCL 75” Roku TV to TCL 8.1 sound at.

0 Kudos