Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Realdine
Binge Watcher

Re: Apple TV App Buffering / 4K HDR + Dolby Atmos

Same for me, the update did not change a thing. It's frustrating to have atmos sound and not being able to watch a movie with it.

0 Kudos
home_theatre_ma
Streaming Star

Considering the problem was apparently introduced about 1 July with the Atmos update, I think it's probably still a little early to expect a patch to fix it.  If there's not a fix out by 31 October, I might get a little worried.

0 Kudos
ltisdale
Reel Rookie

I'm getting the same thing on my R635 TV via all streaming apps when viewing Atmos enabled content.  Seems to be a negotiation issue.  I thought the issue was my Vizio soundbar, but that has been RMA'd and the issue continued.

home_theatre_ma
Streaming Star

As of this post date, the problem persists for me as well.  All my devices are running the latest public builds of OS/firmware/app.

0 Kudos
BarryS
Channel Surfer

Same here with Roku Ultra 4640X. Hope Roku get their act together to resolve this. Not holding my breath though as my exposure with Roku over the years demonstrated ALWAYS a lack of urgency approach

erprku
Reel Rookie

Worked for me too.  Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
Dlg1989

Audio Apple TV+ 4K Atmos

Dear community,

I know this has been discussed before, but I am wondering if there has been an official response from Apple or Roku.

This is clearly an issue with Atmos audio and it is very frustrating - I did not pay for a £1000 sound bar that supports Atmos to be told to put it into stereo mode as a solution.  

Practically all 4K/Atmos apple content is doing this.

I have also tested the Roku with a Bose and a JBL surround system and the problem persisted. 

Can anyone official say if they are working on fixing this?

home_theatre_ma
Streaming Star

Update on the issue I initially reported on 29 July.

It appears that the Roku OS update that was installed on my 4630X circa 26 October has resolved the serious playback issues I was having with Dolby Atmos content from the Apple TV app.

I watched 10-15 minute segments from around a dozen different movies and did not experience any significant audio stuttering/dropouts, video freezes, or buffering.

There may have been one very minor audio blip/very brief dropout, and I got the feeling once or twice that the frame rate might be either slightly fast or slightly slow (not perfectly synced with the audio); however, these were minor issues that may very well have been my imagination.

I will report back if the serious playback issues return or frame rate/sync issues recur or worsen.  For now, much improved performance; the Apple TV app is definitely watchable/enjoyable with Dolby Atmos.

Realdine
Binge Watcher

I just installed the new update (24th october). It's not perfect, but it's way better. The sound and picture freeze 1 or 2 sec every now and then and it's more frequent in some movies than others but now it's watchable. Finally, i can watch my movies in 4k hdr atmos. Thank you roku for listening. Keep the good work. Let's hope for no freezes at all with the next update.

0 Kudos
dabyer15
Reel Rookie

I am having this issue and my tv says I am up to date. Version 9.3.0 build 4914-38. I have a Sharp Roku TV. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos