Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All streaming apps like Netflix/Hulu/Disney+ randomly rewinding every couple minutes

I’ve been having an issue for the past couple days, any time I try to watch something on apps my tv keeps randomly rewinding the show by 10 seconds every couple minutes. It is happening in Hulu, Netflix and Disney+ specifically. I have tried to clear cache, restart the tv, take batteries out of remote. The tv is only a year old so I’m not sure what is going on, has anyone else had this issue, and how did you get it resolved?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All streaming apps like Netflix/Hulu/Disney+ randomly rewinding every couple minutes

If it's happening on a bunch of channels, see if a system restart fixes it. 

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

If the problem continues, while watching a program pull the remote's batteries and leave them out for a while.  Does it rewind while the batteries are out?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos