Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rchr64

All sound, no picture

Jump to solution

I have had this Roku for two years and never had a problem. Now all of the sudden, I get the home screen with all my channels, the channels open, but when I choose a video or movie, no picture. All the sound. Even the notifications are popping up in the corners (eg Ad 1 of 2, next...., etc). I have unplugged it, looked threateningly at it, no change. Anybody able to help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eyezlo7

Re: All sound, no picture

Jump to solution

Apparently it was in my aspect ratio and picture setting. I have a Sharp TV and it needed to be on wide mode and energy saving mode. Weird but it worked. 

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
Hibiscusmile
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

mine is doing same almost, one station onn is all lines, sound, no pic.

BB60
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having trouble with OAN news since July 2nd, Audio fine, video all lines. No problem with any other channel. I have restarted system and updated, still nothing as of 7/5/2020 9:43 am EST.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Other people are reporting problems with OAN.  You can use this forum's search function to find them.

Otherwise, when having problems like this, please report which channel app you are having problems with.  Each channel creates, provides, and maintains its own app to stream their channel to the Roku, as well as deciding and programming its features, including geographical areas of operation. Roku only provides the platform on which the 3rd party channel apps run. You should direct your questions and concerns to the channel. (Exceptions are the two channels provided by Roku, The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. For these you should contact Roku.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Hibiscusmile
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I pay for the channel and it is just ONN, no number or anything, just the name.

0 Kudos
BB60
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Makaiguy...new at this.

0 Kudos
Victor5255

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem even over the air with antenna tv.  I don't know the solution yet.

0 Kudos
CraNa

Jump to solution

I had same problem. Go to settings/system/restart. Picture came back for me. 

jmgo

Jump to solution

I am having this problem too, but it is on ALL ROKU channels -- Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube, PBS, etc. I am convinced the problem is the ROKU TV, not the channel, because I can watch Prime, Netflix, etc. on other devices that don't use the ROKU. I can also watch TV with no problem.

jmgo

Jump to solution

Thanks CraNa - that solution worked for me too.