Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shonkpd

All roku devices have stopped working in my home and other family homes

We have Spectrum, and check the b/N settings and contacted the providers about it all but, all the roku's just stop working. The roku's won't even upload the main page to show activity. The internet works fine and Amazon fire stick and smart tvs work. Just none of the roku's. This just happened today in multiple homes across Texas and Oklahoma. What is roku doing to fix this otherwise we have 10 roku's device that are just paperweights now. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All roku devices have stopped working in my home and other family homes

@Shonkpd

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- What are you seeing on screen?
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
- Have you tried contacting your ISP (internet service provider) to see if they can provide any insight regarding the issue you are experiencing?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos