Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

Re: Airplay not working when on fullscreen mode working normal when screen is on regular mode.

thanks .  my airplay shows 

version 1.14 build 104 

may be u can help on this as well .

i not able to get roku version 10 build 4198 .   my roku always show build 4195 as latest . 

me in singapore , any idea ?

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay not working when on fullscreen mode working normal when screen is on regular mode.

@moonwalker0921 wrote:

thanks .  my airplay shows 

version 1.14 build 104 

may be u can help on this as well .

i not able to get roku version 10 build 4198 .   my roku always show build 4195 as latest . 

me in singapore , any idea ?

1.14.104 is the latest platform version/build for AirPlay2.

For RokuOS, different models are on different builds, and sometimes the same model with different accounts (staggered rollout).

(e.g. of my 8 different Roku devices, 4 are on 4198, 4 are on 4195)

However, location may play a factor (US first, then other locations).

Since the rollout of 4198 is limited/not complete, you'll just have to wait (most likely your Roku will get the next build, 42xx).

0 Kudos
Jeab_lui
Reel Rookie

Thank you

0 Kudos
moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

thanks for the replies 

0 Kudos
RonOlcott

I still have this problem with my Roku stick after upgrading to build 4209.  If I do “screen mirroring” I can see the less than full screen video on the web page.  When I go to the video itself and try to do AirPlay at full screen.  Happens on iPad and I phone.

it looks like it starts airplay on Roku, but I just get a spinning wheeel.

moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

Dont think there is any solution to our problem . 

@StreamerUser
It may work differently, but Apple codes the (hidden) AirPlay apps on Rokus, so ultimately you'll need to address it for both ends (sending/receiving) with Apple.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RonOlcott

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

Hi Danny ,

unable to get trackerID .

Once i press the home button , the airplay connection stop , and roku go back to home screen .  

0 Kudos
swongu
Reel Rookie

Model: 7120X - Roku TV

Serial number: YS00YT439537 (FV296Y439537)

Software version: 10.0.0 . Build 4209-30

Timestamp: 2021-07-14T15:27:55Z

issue ID 37-280-287

the error only occurs when trying to full screen video; normal iOS screen mirroring works fine.

moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

Hi Danny,

Please see the info which you have requested : 

-Roku device model   
ANS >  4800X - Roku Ultra

-serial number
ANS > X010002TL99W

-device ID
ANS > S02A211TL99W

-software OS/version

ANS >10.0.0 Build 4209-C2

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
ANS > Unable to get tracker ID under "rotating wheel" situation . but can get tracker id under normal operational condition like Home screen

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
ANS >
Step 1 : goto the following ,

URL : https://cph-p2p-msl.akamaized.net/hls/live/2000341/test/master.m3u8

Step 2 : click the "play" button if not started

Step 3 : click "airplay" button and select "roku Ultra" 

Step 4 : will see rotating wheel on roku ultra . ( have no problem if i airplayed the same https to a appleTV 3 ) 

0 Kudos