Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: After 10.5 update, Dolby Digital + passthrough not working

@AvsGunnar  will do

0 Kudos
hnashif
Channel Surfer

@Bob_ME wrote:

Try this it worked for me....

PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!

So it appear it's an old issue. Having leveling turned on causes my 4670X ultra to go audio brain-dead and only output Stereo PCM Sound!!!!

But here is the trick. Just changing the audio option to 'OFF' from Leveling or Night does not immediately fix the issue. Something must be set within the unit and stays set.

Performing a Reset after changing the Audio Option to 'Off" fixed everything! DD, DD+, Atmos, all now being sent to my AVR where support by the stream.

What do you mean Reset?

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@hnashif 

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version (they matter in terms of settings/functionality for audio):  Settings/System/About or the specific audio issue you are having.

Either they mean a Restart (Settings/System/System Restart/Restart or Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart) or a Factory Reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory Reset) either of which has been known to fix "stubborn" audio issues.

Try the Restart first, and if whatever audio issue you have still isnt addressed, try the Factory Reset

hnashif
Channel Surfer

@UserOfStreamers wrote:

@hnashif 

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version (they matter in terms of settings/functionality for audio):  Settings/System/About or the specific audio issue you are having.

Either they mean a Restart (Settings/System/System Restart/Restart or Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart) or a Factory Reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory Reset) either of which has been known to fix "stubborn" audio issues.

Try the Restart first, and if whatever audio issue you have still isnt addressed, try the Factory Reset

I have 2022 Ultra model 4802X running 11.0.0 build 4193-C2.

I tried the soft restart and a hard restart neither helped. Then I did a factory reset, which came back with Audio leveling turned on. Back in square 1. Passthrough is PCM only. My receiver can handle Atmos, DD, DTHD, DD+, DTS:X and I am stuck w/ either Atmos of PCM. Auto passes Atmon only including from PCM material! Passthrough passes PCM, Custom has to be manually switch to DD+ or some DTS option.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@hnashif  you may need to check the settings on your TV set.  What is the model number of your TV set?  Where did you buy your Roku device from?  I own an Express+ 3910, bought from Walmart online back in Feb. 2020, along with an old 1994 Magnavox/Philips 27” CRT set model TS2756-C102.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
hnashif
Channel Surfer

I have a Dell projector. Audio is handled by the Receiver (Onkyo TX-RZ50 which can handle the above audio format). I got the Ultra from Amazon, not that it should make a difference.

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@hnashif 

Not sure what "square 1" is for you (you never actually mentioned your specific issue), but if your issue is that you arent getting multichannel output (just PCM 2.0) and you have Leveling enabled, then that is your issue right there:  You need to disable any Sound/Volume modes in order to get multichannel output

During playback of ANY content: press Options (*)/Sound Settings/ Volume leveling & Dialog Enhancement = off

hnashif
Channel Surfer

The issue that I am having is that I am only getting PCM 2.0 if selecting Passthrough audio. Other suggested reseting the device, which did not help. Volume leveling and Dialogue Enhance are both turned off and STILL only getting PCM 2.0. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@hnashif  So I guess you have a defective audio receiver or a defective Roku then?

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
hnashif
Channel Surfer

Most likely it is Roku software issue as in Auto it is providing Atmos and recognized as much by the receiver and in Custom, it is passing what is requested (DD/DD+/DTS) and recognized as such. But in Passthrough it is only passing PCM.

0 Kudos