Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to watch an added channel on mobile device instead of tv?

Hello all. Posting here to ask:

For channels that I’ve added on Roku (e.g., Discovery+, Freevee, etc.), can I watch those channels on a mobile device (such as my iPad) instead of watching them on my tv?

I have noticed that in the Roku app, if I go to my channels and click on one of them (.e.g., Discovery+) immediately that channel comes up on my tv.

But what if I’m away from home and I want to watch one of those channels in the Roku app, on my iPad? Is there a way to do that?

I have noticed that in the Roku app, if I click on the Roku channel and go to the movies and programs I’ve added to my Saved List there, it asks me do I want to watch it on my tv or mobile device.

But I don’t get that same option for the channels I’ve added.

Is that something that can’t be done?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ability to watch an added channel on mobile device instead of tv?

There are exceptions, but for the most part, when you subscribe to a streaming service through a 3rd party like Roku, Amazon, Sling, Hulu, etc., you can only watch that channel on that third party service.

If, instead, you subscribe directly to the streaming service on its website , you'll be able to watch on any platform the service supports (computer app or browser, mobile device app or browser, dedicated app on streaming devices).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos