Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OtisAnderson
Reel Rookie

A black or blank screen appears, there is sound, but no video

Jump to solution

My Device: 2710x SN:1XC39H045671

When I try to watch a Netflix movie or TV series, I hear sound but cannot see the video (
I unplugged my Roku player and restarted it, but the problem persisted.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: A black or blank screen appears, there is sound, but no video

Jump to solution

@OtisAnderson

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

In addition, have you tried switching out the HDMI cable or using another HDMI port on your TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

OtisAnderson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I switched out HDMI and re-added the channel. After that, the problem was solved. Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@OtisAnderson

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

In addition, have you tried switching out the HDMI cable or using another HDMI port on your TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
OtisAnderson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I switched out HDMI and re-added the channel. After that, the problem was solved. Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@OtisAnderson Tower Defense

Thanks for the post.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

thank you shared.

0 Kudos