Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheDoctor66
Channel Surfer

7UP ad appearing and Dolby Vision not working

Just purchased the 4K stick that went on sale for half price. Plugged it in and set it up and everything was fine. Now, after the last update, there are two new issues.

1. When I pause a program I’m watching on any of my paid subscription channels, a 7up ad appears on the screen.
  2. Dolby Vision no longer works on Amazon prime.

None of this is happening on my brand new TV which uses the Google UI.

Been using Roku for years and have never had these issues until now. This is beyong absurd!!

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New Issues After Latest Update (November 2022)

@TheDoctor66

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more details, we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: 7UP ad appearing and Dolby Vision not working

Are you sure the ad is coming from the Roku? Some "Smart" TV's monitor the video and can do weird things, like display an ad if they detect a paused screen. What brand/model of TV? Are there any settings about ads on the TV itself?

0 Kudos
TheDoctor66
Channel Surfer

My TV is the Hisense 75U8H. I've gone through all the settings. None of htese issues are happening on the built-in Google UI.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

What subscription channels are you seeing it on? Are you directly using their own channels, or going through the Roku Channel?

0 Kudos
TheDoctor66
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the update. However, the roku doesn't even see it as Dolby Vision on amazon, and makes the program unwatchable, but the google ui in the Hisense always recognizes it and with a few little tweaks to the settings, looks very nice, which is why it has to be a roku issue not an amazon issue. Like I said in my post, DV on amazon was fine before the last roku update.

0 Kudos
TheDoctor66
Channel Surfer

Model:  3820X

SERIAL NUMBER:  X01700J510FP

SOFTWARE VERSION:  11.5.0 * BUILD 4232-CU

DEVICE ID:  S08Y427510FP

WIRELESS MAC ADDRESS:  A8:B5:7C:13:CC:52

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

PRIME VIDEO

VERSION 14.0 * BUILD 2022092823

The issue on Amazon Prime is that Dolby Vision no longer works. It’s no longer identifying the Dolby Vision flag when playing a Dolby Vision video. It was fine when I plugged the unit in for the first time, but then after the latest update, Dolby Vision no longer works on Prime. It does work on Paramount+ and Disney. The advertisments that were appearing when I paused a video on Paramount+ are not appearing at his time.

Please note that none of these issues have ever occurred on the native builtin Google UI that came with the TV, My TV is the Hisense 75U8H purchased last month, October 2022.

I’ll need to return this to Best Buy for a refund before the return date if you can’t fix these issues within the next day or two.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As noted, the DV issues with Prime are Amazon's problem. It sometimes works, and update breaks it, another fixes it, another breaks it again. The channels update in the background and you don't always know it unless you keep track of the version by hitting the asterisk key when the channel is highlighted in the home screen.

0 Kudos
TheDoctor66
Channel Surfer

Thanks again....

But you keep missing the point. This is ONLY happening on roku. This is not, and has never happened on the google ui built into the tv, which properly identifies DV and displays it properly.

Please stop repeating the same thing over and over gain. It is not helpful in any way.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It's like the difference between Windows and Mac. The program may look the same, but it's different behind the scenes. Amazon has problems trying to get DV to work properly with Roku.

Just wondering why you got the Roku if your TV's built-in apps are all you need?

0 Kudos