Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cost43

What is the cost after free trial

Jump to solution

What is the cost of the smart home app subscription after the free trial is over 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: What is the cost after free trial

Jump to solution

Hi@Cost4

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can find more information about Roku Smart Home subscription costs on our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

In addition, you can also see the pricing when accessing your Roku account through Manage your subscriptions.

Roku Smart Home Subscription is not required to access any features of Roku lights or plugs.

For Roku cameras and video doorbells, you don't need a Roku Smart Home Subscription to use the basic functions of your devices, but if you’d like to unlock advanced features, you will need a subscription. Many customers find the cloud recording to be a huge benefit of the subscription. That way, if you can’t get to a motion or sound notification right away, you can still see exactly what happened for up to 14 days. You can also filter events by type, which allows you to see only the events you care about—like package deliveries—and not ones you don’t—like a car turning around in your driveway.

With Subscription
Without Subscription
Live streaming
Cloud recording Video clips stored for 14 days Images only
Motion alerts
Sound alerts
Smoke & CO alarm detection
Person detection  
Package detection  
Vehicle detection  
Pet detection  
Event filtering  
Delay between events none 5 minutes

I hope you'll find this helpful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi@Cost4

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can find more information about Roku Smart Home subscription costs on our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

In addition, you can also see the pricing when accessing your Roku account through Manage your subscriptions.

Roku Smart Home Subscription is not required to access any features of Roku lights or plugs.

For Roku cameras and video doorbells, you don't need a Roku Smart Home Subscription to use the basic functions of your devices, but if you’d like to unlock advanced features, you will need a subscription. Many customers find the cloud recording to be a huge benefit of the subscription. That way, if you can’t get to a motion or sound notification right away, you can still see exactly what happened for up to 14 days. You can also filter events by type, which allows you to see only the events you care about—like package deliveries—and not ones you don’t—like a car turning around in your driveway.

With Subscription
Without Subscription
Live streaming
Cloud recording Video clips stored for 14 days Images only
Motion alerts
Sound alerts
Smoke & CO alarm detection
Person detection  
Package detection  
Vehicle detection  
Pet detection  
Event filtering  
Delay between events none 5 minutes

I hope you'll find this helpful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What is the monthly cost to moniter the system for my home?  2 cameras, my phone,  1 video doorbell.  Is my phone enough do use this on, Apple I 6S+.  How much is the app I would need to buy and monthly fee?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @BarneyParkhill 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry about the cost of Roku Smart Home monitoring.

It looks like @RokuMary-F has outlined and provided the information you are looking for in her post above.

If you have any other inquiries in the future, please don't hesitate in posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos