Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratdog19

Roku smart home app wont load in Bluestacks

Roku smart home app wont load in Bluestacks splash screen then blank tried changing graphic settings in Bluestacks on 2 computers Nada  Blink & Wyze apps work fine

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
fuzzmanks
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku smart home app wont load in Bluestacks

I just downloaded the Roku Smart Home app in Bluestacks 5 (32 bit version) in the last week.  I had the same result after logging into Roku.  I get a blank screen on the page that should show the Events.  I've checked for Bluestacks updates, Roku app updates, and even cleared the Google Play cache.  Nothing works for me.

After a few days, I used the BS multi-instance Manager and loaded a 64 bit version of Bluestacks and installed the Roku app in that instance.  The Events page (and other pages) worked the first time!  But only the first time.  I cleared the cache of the app and Play app, but that didn't help to fix the problem.

I should note that just a couple days ago, my Blink Smart Home app (which I have been using for a couple of years or more) started giving me a blank page instead of the Clips page.  But at the same time, the Blink app did have an update in which the app got a refresh of the screens and added new filters. I did find that if I got an Blink Alert ((in the drop down notification screen) and if I clicked on the alert it would take me to the Clips page and display properly.

So my thinking is there is some coding in very recent App updates that are not working well with Bluestacks.

0 Kudos
fuzzmanks
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku smart home app wont load in Bluestacks

I seem to have the Roku Smart Home App working in Bluestacks! 

Using the Multi-instance Manager I started up an instance of the Nougat 64-bit of Bluestacks 5. 

I have the "phone" set to OnePlusA5000.

The Graphics page is set to:  Performance engine mode; DirectX renderer; Auto Interface renderer.  It has worked for 2 days now.  My 14-day free trial of the Cloud recording has expired so I don't get any onscreen "Events" in the Event page.

There is a newer version called Pie 64-bit.  I could get any app (Roku, Blink, or even the Play Store app) to work using this instance.

I did add another 4GB (total of 24gb) of Ram memory to my computer since I wrote my first response above, but I don't think that made any difference.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.