Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcbutts1
Reel Rookie

No playback from SD card the playback option is missing

Jump to solution

Your app is missing the playback icon. It looks like you are using the wrong overlay for that camera. Compare it to the Wyze V3 camera snapshot, you see wyze has the icon that will allow you to view what is recorded on the sd card. The overlay you are using should be used for your battery camera as that one by design does not have sd card playback. Look at the other snapshot. How soon cam this be fixed as the camera is basically useless right now. roku1.jpgwco.jpgwyze.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No playback from SD card the playback option is missing

Jump to solution

@pcbutts1

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that using a SD card with Roku Smart Home cameras, you will be able to view some of these recordings from the Roku Smart Home mobile app, but with others you need to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer or laptop.

For more detailed information about using a SD card with Roku Smart Home cameras, visit our Support page here: Install a micro SD card in your smart home camera

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pcbutts1

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that using a SD card with Roku Smart Home cameras, you will be able to view some of these recordings from the Roku Smart Home mobile app, but with others you need to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer or laptop.

For more detailed information about using a SD card with Roku Smart Home cameras, visit our Support page here: Install a micro SD card in your smart home camera

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
pcbutts1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So you are saying that if I want see what happened at 12pm or the police needs to see some video I have to climb a ladder and remove the card then place it in a computer and flip thru 1 minute clips to find it instead of just clicking a button?

User-K
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can't watch the stored playback video from the remote camera??

This is totally NOT acceptable!! 

Continuous recording

• What is it? Continuous recording saves 1-minute video clips for as long as the camera is connected to power. When the storage is full, the oldest files are overwritten to make room for new video clips.
  • Supported models: All Roku Smart Home cameras support continuous recording.
  • Storage: Continuous recording can only be saved to a micro SD card.
  • How to watch: To view a continuous recording, you must remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer.

Jump to solution

How in the world is any new security camera still requiring users to remove the storage card just to view the recorded footage!? I gave this a shot because I liked how simple it was to view the cameras on my Roku TV, but this is enough of a reason for me to return this camera. This is far too inconvenient to be usable.

Noyb2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny,as a rep of the product its not your fault, but agree with poster. The absence of this feature (SD playback) from the app is absurd. Is this because wyze would not allow, or because roku wants customers to perpetually pay? Clearly the capability is there (e.g. Wyze 3.0 equivalent camera). Very disappointing

How about honest rationale for the decision?

Jump to solution

it's a shame, because the other company offers SD card playback and the unlimited annual camera monitoring is the same price. Makes me want to switch. I'm not that far invested yet where it wouldn't make sense to switch...

0 Kudos
hackztor
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yup. Even if they offered the sd card viewing as part of the cloud I would be fine with that (I already subscribe to cloud). I just want SD card playback pointless without it. NOONE is going to remove the sd card to view the footage (Maybe 20 years ago).

0 Kudos