Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharing settings etc saved from original Roku device to added 2nd device

Jump to solution

Brand new to Roku. I set up my #1 device (express 4K) yesterday & today. Now I want to add 2nd device (express) to another TV in the house. Can I copy all the settings from #1 to #2? And I would prefer to use the same account on both of the devices. If they can share all the settings, would I have to make any changes in the future on one and then go make them on the other, or can I also share changes afterwards? Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: sharing settings etc saved from original Roku device to added 2nd device

Jump to solution

You can add up to 20 Roku devices on one account. When you set up your other Roku it will have the same channels as your other one. You will still need to log into each channel though. Settings won’t be shared across devices. Only channels 

View solution in original post

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@wolfspecter13 

Basically, you just use the same email address you used for your first Roku device to "link" any future Roku devices to the same Roku account. (your email address is your Roku account).

When setup in this manner, any Channel/app added or removed from one Roku device will be removed or added to all "linked" Roku devices.

You will have to move around the actual Channels/apps independently on each Roku device.  It is not an actual mirror image on each Roku device.  All the same Channels/apps will be there but you may have to organize them a bit. 

Here is Roku support article explaining the linking. (https://support.roku.com/article/360000321787 - How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account).

Feel free to post back if you have additional questions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can add up to 20 Roku devices on one account. When you set up your other Roku it will have the same channels as your other one. You will still need to log into each channel though. Settings won’t be shared across devices. Only channels 

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@wolfspecter13 

Basically, you just use the same email address you used for your first Roku device to "link" any future Roku devices to the same Roku account. (your email address is your Roku account).

When setup in this manner, any Channel/app added or removed from one Roku device will be removed or added to all "linked" Roku devices.

You will have to move around the actual Channels/apps independently on each Roku device.  It is not an actual mirror image on each Roku device.  All the same Channels/apps will be there but you may have to organize them a bit. 

Here is Roku support article explaining the linking. (https://support.roku.com/article/360000321787 - How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account).

Feel free to post back if you have additional questions.

Jump to solution

BillieAnnie & AvsGunnar - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! your perspective is exactly what I needed - I will tackle getting this older TV Roku-ready this afternoon! 🙂 - Wolfer

ChillB

Jump to solution

What device(s) do I need to purchase to set up my second TV with Roku too?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@ChillB 

You can use any Roku device or RokuTV.

In order to link the devices, just use the same email address (which creates Roku account) when you setup and activate your additional Roku devices/RokuTVs.

0 Kudos