Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brutusjokno
Channel Surfer

roku from globle cannot use anymore

my roku from globe cannot use anymore due to roku and globe cancel their contract. please help what to do to continue use my roku. do i need to configure it?  if yes how?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku from globle cannot use anymore

@brutusjokno-

Are you talking about the Globe Streamwatch app for Globe Telecom in the Philippines that was announced in this press release?

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R & @RokuKariza-D

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @brutusjokno

Thanks for the post.

You may want to reach out to your device provider (Globe) for the details. They should be able to assist you with this concern.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
brutusjokno
Channel Surfer

Hi Kariza,

I tried to call Globe but unfortunately I am having hard time to connect to their customer service. I spend hour calling them but only robotic answering machine respond to my call

0 Kudos
brutusjokno
Channel Surfer

Hi Makiugay,

Yes I am talking about that globe stream watch, but that press release is to announce their contract with Roku, but they ended the contract starting January 1, 2022 that is why i cannot use my roku stick anymore. 

I am asking help in this community if anyone know how to configure the roku stick so i can use mine even the globe and roku end their contract.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Recognize that most of us who are not in the Philippines will not be familiar with how the Globe setup worked.

Most similar cable tv company apps allow one to use the app to stream channels on the Roku in place of receiving via the cable company's converter box. The Roku is linked to a Roku account and the cable company app is just one of the channel apps on the Roku.  Other streaming channels authorized by their owners to be run on Roku in your geographic region can be streamed on the Roku independently of the cable company's app.  Is that how yours operated?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
azillem23

I also have the same problem. Already tak to globe and they said they cant solved the problem and try contacting the roku support for this matter... please do help us solve this. Its not just 1 or 2 person but all of us here in the philippines are upset of what happen to our roku stick which we paid for the unit and just like that they end their contract. Roku should help us with this since we bought their products. 

0 Kudos
azillem23

Already called globe and they just say contact the roku support center for this because they already end their contract with roku. So all of us with roku from globe will be asking for a solution from roku team

0 Kudos
Jhesmana17
Reel Rookie

anyone who solved this issue. i have a roku stick as well from globe

0 Kudos
brutusjokno
Channel Surfer

The globe dump us because they want us to buy their new globe streamwatch 2-n-1

0 Kudos