Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjh017
Reel Rookie

no connection between remote and tv

We disconnected tv for some construction work in house. When reconnecting tv, we found, using simple remote, that we do not get any view of the Roku settings. We have unplugged everything and reconnected: wifi, tv, connections between roku device and tv. bought new remote, Still issues. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: no connection between remote and tv

@mjh017 When you turn on the TV and go to the input that the Roku is connected to, what do you see?  Are you getting a bouncing Roku, nothing, Roku home screen?  Also we need to know what Roku device you are using.  How are you powering the Roku device from the USB connected to the TV or from a wall plug in?  

0 Kudos
Mjmurray

I get no signal

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Are you absolutely sure that the label on the input port matches the input that the TV is set to?

0 Kudos
mjh017
Reel Rookie

We get nothing when we go to input. Roku device is attached to Smart TV.

0 Kudos
Mjmurray

I’ve tried several ports, still nothing!!

it worked for a couple weeks and just stopped!!  The tv started turning off and I had to restart it!  Now the tv works, but no sign of the Roku connection!!

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Mjmurray Do you have anything other than the Roku you can connect to the TV using the same HDMI port that the Roku is attached to?  May be a problem with the TV HDMI port(s) and not the Roku device.  Do you have a different TV you can try the Roku on?

0 Kudos