Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john222
Channel Surfer

i receive no activation code

how do you get roku to work? i've been going in circles for an hour, no activation code, although the link tells me "done"

thanks

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: i receive no activation code

There's two methods of activation.  One uses a link code that's shown on your TV and the other asks you to input your email address on your TV.  If you were asked for your email address you won't receive a link code.  You receive a link via email that you visit to complete activation.  Which method are you being offered?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
john222
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your response, i appreciate it. However, i gave up, too much time waisted on a product that offers zero support. I took it back to the store. I'll never recommend or use Roku again. 

0 Kudos
mjhill
Channel Surfer

Same problem. Got all the way to enter email address but no link/email was received to activate. Now it's past the 30 min window for code to expire. What next?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@mjhill the email address you enter has to be the same address that you use for your Roku user account. If you used the same address, check your spam or junk folder and see if it was redirected by mistake. Most email servers do a good job of catching spam, but sometimes they make a mistake.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mjhill
Channel Surfer

I've done that. Re-entered email and still not receiving link. Nothing in spam.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @mjhill

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button.
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mjhill
Channel Surfer

I did the reset, re-entered all the setup info, and still no email with link.

S# is SOO8312U2RVK

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@mjhill

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos