Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drasiel

does Roku Express 4k allow Audio Mirroring?

Hello folks, I was looking at replacing my old Chromecast with a Roku express 4k but was wondering if the Roku supports audio mirroring without having to mirror what's on your phone screen. It's a neat little feature of google home that lets me pump out my tunes on the tv without burning through my battery with the phone screen on while getting to use my preferred music player.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: does Roku Express 4k allow Audio Mirroring?

@Drasiel 

No - not discretely/specifically, because it does not have GoogleCast/Chromecast protocol support.

It does have Miracast (mirroring), AirPlay2 (mirroring & casting), DIAL (casting) and PlayOnRoku/ECP Protocol (casting) support.

You could always mirror and and turn off the device screen while the session is active (some of my devices do this/have settings for this), or you could cast using a casting-supported app (most support casting, but only to GoogleCast/ChromeCast-capable devices, which Roku doesnt currently support).

0 Kudos