Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerbear54521
Reel Rookie

can't set up new roku device with T-Mobile home internet

when i go to register the new device, it asks me to select a cable provider.  I have T-Mobile Home Internet and it is not reflected anywhere.  I have a Roku account and I was watching Roku as recently as this afternoon on the same T-Mobile Home Internet but when purchased this new device..I can't connect

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't set up new roku device with T-Mobile home internet

@Jerbear54521 

The cable provider selection is normally for channels requiring cable/satellite subscriptions.  This is not applicable to setting up the network and internet connection for the Roku device itself.  You may have chosen to install one of these channels during your setup which is prompting this request.

Is your older Roku device still working on the T-Mobile setup.  What is the model of the older Roku and the newer Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

"when i go to register the new device, it asks me to select a cable provider."

That's not a normal behavior, and I've never experienced Roku asking for a cable provider upon registration.  Can you double check and post with exactly what's happening?

0 Kudos
Jerbear54521
Reel Rookie

Got it taken care of.

I didn't realize that all you had to do was just leave it blank and go on from there.  I assumed (that'll teach me) that since they asked, you had to answer.

All is fine now.

Thanks

Strega
Roku Guru

I’ve been asked if I have a cable provider.  But it’s an option to have one.  If you specify one, Roku will download a bunch of channels that your cable company also provides so you have the option of watching those channels on the cable box or on the Roku.  Since those channels require you to log in with your cable company, they aren’t useful to non-cable users.  So, either choice is fine.  It’s just trying to be helpful.

0 Kudos