Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feliciads

bought a used tv, don't know the pin, can't download.. how to bypass?

i bought a used vizio roku tv, it's requesting a pin number from previous owner, cannot get that pin, how do i bypass this so i can log on my own roku acct? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: bought a used tv, don't know the pin, can't download.. how to bypass?

To log it into your own account, you need to do a factory reset. There's no other way to link a device that's already linked to a different account. It sounds like you can still access the Roku itself, so go to the Settings/System/Advanced system settings and find the factory reset function. If you can't get to that menu, you can find the recessed reset button somewhere on the back of the TV, hold it in for 30 seconds (although some TVs only need 10 seconds), and the TV is reset to as new condition, other than it retains the latest version of Roku OS that was installed.

However, it suddenly struck me that Vizio has never built a Roku TV. Are you certain there's not just a Roku Stick plugged into an HDMI port?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.