Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bw13
Reel Rookie

Will roku work with LG tv 32LN5700 from 2014?

Jump to solution

I am considering buying Roku Express or Roku Express 4K+. I have an LG smart tv model # 32LN5700 from 2014. Will either of these work on my tv? If not, is there another Roku streaming player that will?  This tv has built-in wireless and I have a wireless router in the same room as the tv. The LG customer support was unable to tell me if Roku would work with it. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Will roku work with LG tv 32LN5700 from 2014?

Jump to solution

Yes, it should (I have 2 older LG TVs from 2012/2013 that it works fine with).

If for whatever reason it doesnt, just return/exchange/refund.

I highly recommend the Express 4K+ (instead of the Express) - its a far superior device for only $5-10 more.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, it should (I have 2 older LG TVs from 2012/2013 that it works fine with).

If for whatever reason it doesnt, just return/exchange/refund.

I highly recommend the Express 4K+ (instead of the Express) - its a far superior device for only $5-10 more.

bw13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I've reviewed the reviews and they agree with you - the 4K+ wins.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

In general, as long as the TV has HDMI port it will work with any current Roku.

Older TV without HDMI will work with older ROKU models which have composite cables for SD video, but these are pretty limiting and end of life (available used on eBay if you want to try one).

Monitors with HDMI but no speakers may work with streambar (if resolution is high enough).

Only issue is if HDMI port isn't freely accessible (for  streaming stick), need right angle adapter or short extender (cheaply available)

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos