Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Where can I buy a power adapter from? My TV has no USB ports to power my Roku

@DBDukes 

There may have been a smidgen of facetiousness applied...

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where can I buy a power adapter from? My TV has no USB ports to power my Roku

@StreamerUser 

What? From you? I'm shocked.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Em21
Channel Surfer

I’ve managed to find a solution and get it working. I found an old 5v travel adapter which works perfectly. I agree that it’s a bad business decision removing the adapter as people buy these to make older TVs “smart” so many don’t have a USB port in the back to power it. Lost half a day trying to set it up so it was far from the “plug in and stream” that was advertised!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Em21 wrote:

I’ve managed to find a solution and get it working. I found an old 5v travel adapter which works perfectly. I agree that it’s a bad business decision removing the adapter as people buy these to make older TVs “smart” so many don’t have a USB port in the back to power it. Lost half a day trying to set it up so it was far from the “plug in and stream” that was advertised!

Good you were able to resolve it - I'm sure other UK users have wasted time too.

Really bad business decision, especially considering from a technical support perspective Roku heavily discourages users from using the TV USB ports.  If/when I get a chance to discuss it with Roku management personnel I'll bring it up (along with other UK-related business practices).

0 Kudos
Em21
Channel Surfer

@StreamerUser When I spoke to Amazon to ask about an adapter they said it doesn’t come with one so return it for a refund or buy this £3.99 dodgy looking iPhone plug and use that. It had Chinese writing on and I’ve been advised by electricians to never ever buy a cheap Chinese plug as they’ve had to deal with the aftermath, that and the fire service.

How can they not want people to use the TV USB port and offer up no other option? That makes no sense at all.

That would be great thank you.

0 Kudos

I don’t remember we’re I bought it 

my dog broke the the USB power cable and the power adapter to connect my streaming 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@12343

Thanks for the post.

What specific Roku model device are you using?

You can find a replacement power adapter on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos