Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
das6_6
Reel Rookie

We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working

Jump to solution

Hello

I think others have posted about this problem but I am not seeing an answer.

I tried to activate a roku device on a Sanyo TV at a condo we are renting.  I already have 2 or 3 active roku devices.  This time I get the error "We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working"...it appears immediately after I enter my email and hit continue.

I have double checked the email...it is correct...and matches my Roku account. 

I have tried to reboot my wifi router and my roku device...same thing.

I have tried capitalizing the first letter of my email (a suggestion I saw in one of the threads) and I have tried capitalizing GMAIL.COM (another suggestion).  Nothing seems to work.

Any help out there for this issue?  thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
das6_6
Reel Rookie

Re: We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working

Jump to solution

Update:  I waited 24 hours and then tried again.  I unplugged the Roku device for 30 seconds and then turned it on.  It asked me to enter my email address again...which I did...this time, when I hovered on the @ sign it proposed domain names like gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.  It did not do this yesterday.  I selected gmail.com from the list (I recalled from reading a support thread yesterday that someone said this worked for them).  I entered my email and hit activate and this time it worked.  I received the activation code in my email, entered it and was good to go.

An activation error should be Severity 1...All hands on deck to solve....most people won't have the patience to wait 24 hours to try to activate a new streaming device.  It's hard to believe that this is something that Roku product support hasn't figured out yet.  And it is common enough that there are multiple posts from people who have suffered the same issue.  The Product Support suggestions of trying a different email address or using a mobile network to activate instead of your wifi seem to be avoiding the real issue and grasping at straws.  Get your act together, Roku!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@das6_6

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting the Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue? If so, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
das6_6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update:  I waited 24 hours and then tried again.  I unplugged the Roku device for 30 seconds and then turned it on.  It asked me to enter my email address again...which I did...this time, when I hovered on the @ sign it proposed domain names like gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.  It did not do this yesterday.  I selected gmail.com from the list (I recalled from reading a support thread yesterday that someone said this worked for them).  I entered my email and hit activate and this time it worked.  I received the activation code in my email, entered it and was good to go.

An activation error should be Severity 1...All hands on deck to solve....most people won't have the patience to wait 24 hours to try to activate a new streaming device.  It's hard to believe that this is something that Roku product support hasn't figured out yet.  And it is common enough that there are multiple posts from people who have suffered the same issue.  The Product Support suggestions of trying a different email address or using a mobile network to activate instead of your wifi seem to be avoiding the real issue and grasping at straws.  Get your act together, Roku!

jety2ztt4c

Jump to solution

Since Roku seems to have zero customer support except for a bot that asks for your serial number etc:

I finally got it to work by capitalizing some letters in the the part after the @ in my email address.