Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL59
Reel Rookie

We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working

I just received my Ultra and I'm unable to link it with my Roku.com account. The error is "We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working." I tried dozens of times, confirming every time that the address I'm entering on my TV is identical to my Roku.com account email. WTF?!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
JL59
Reel Rookie

Re: We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working

Never mind. After an extremely unhelpful service chat I decided to return my Ultra for credit. Here's the story in a nutshell. (1) I created a Roku.com account with an email address through my email forwarding service, ***@liamekaens.com. (2) I tried dozens of times to use this same address when setting up my Ultra, always being told it doesn't work (see title above), and I even tried a different address on that server... that's strike #1 (3) During the service chat I was asked to try an email address through a different email server, but there's no way (I can find) to change the Roku.com email address... that's strike #2 (4) I finally tried a yahoo.com address for the Ultra setup and got an activation email, but I was asked to create a new Roku.com account, which is ridiculous since I already have an account (5) Service said my liamekaens.com email server must be down, but I sent them a screenshot of a Roku Community email I received today at that address, so I asked them to email me so I can respond to prove my email server is up and running, but they said they can't send emails... that's strike #3. (6) This company has little tech savvy so I'll avoid future headaches by returning my device and moving on.