Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working - please help! 6/17/2021

Jump to solution

but we consider the some of the emails like webmail are working fine please check-in related those kinds of stuff here https://thewebmailguide.com/

0 Kudos
blueClyde
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I got a response from Roku support today: "So far, we don't have any turnaround time, but we will keep you posted, as soon as we have updates. Roku is aware of the issue, and working towards a resolution."

I hope they solve it soon.

0 Kudos
Mooselake

Jump to solution

I suspect it won't be soon, this has been a ongoing problem for years, many topics here on this exact problem.  In my case I have at least half a dozen Rokus and Roku TVs on my account.  Yesterday we bought a new TCL Roku TV for a guest room in our winter house and get this error.  I've factory reset, powered off and on, changed network ID, reset the router and modem, no go.  Waited and retried, hit Edit, continue many times.  Creating a dummy account with a different email address would let it activate but without access to the services I'm paying for, factory resetting and going back to the actual account keeps the same issue.  It's bad software on their part.  My cynical side says outsourced to the lowest bidder.

I'm a retired software engineer and developer with close to 40 years of networking experience, starting long before ethernet, wireless, or the Internet and ending with running a regional ISP.  It's pretty obvious it's a major bug that for some reason they can't, or won't, fix.  Pretty annoying

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mooselake

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID of your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Dann

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blueClyde
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Other than the brief acknowledgment from Roku that they have a problem, there's been no follow up from them. I've tried a couple of times to ask for a status and I get nothing.

The return window for my Roku device is coming up in a couple of days. I've been happy with our existing Roku, so I bought another; however, I think I'll be sending it back and checking out a Roku competitor in the hopes that a competitor can make their system work. 

0 Kudos
Mooselake1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Done.  Unfortunately it wanted another user name when I logged in, same moose, different ID

0 Kudos
Mooselake1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Changing network ID was marked as a solution, but I tried 3 different SSIDs and a hardwired connection and none of those worked.  I had one chat conversation with support who's only suggestion was trying another email instead of the one associated with my long-term Roku account.  I've never heard back from the Roku employee that posts here's escalation despite a couple follow ups either

Interestingly Roku has no trouble emailing me with the same email address

0 Kudos
blueClyde
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried multiple WiFi sources and it didn't fix the problem for me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mooselake1 @blueClyde

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with activating your Roku device, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mooselake1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I originally sent that information to you on 1/28 at 12:28 pm, but I'll PM it again.  The email address in question works just fine, and I received a notification of your post that was sent to that address yesterday evening.  I think your activation system "needs more work", particularly when you broke a working system.  I've seen several reviews of Roku products and TVs lately that were returned because they cannot be activated so this is definitely hurting both Roku and it's licensees.  If this wasn't in a guest room and not immediately needed it would be gone too, I understand that the companies whose names starts with "A" and "G" can provide working streamers and TVs, even if they aren't as good as the ones from Roku that work.  I like my Rokus, this would be number 7 or 8, but they're valueless if they won't work.  And while it's unclear just what your activation process is, and where the device that's failing to send emails is, neither my email provider or my ISP (Comcast) has any issues sending or receiving emails to that address so blaming it on my provider is a no-go.

Thanks for your prompt attention

Kirk

0 Kudos