Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBsquared
Reel Rookie

Re: We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working - please help! 6/17/2021

Jump to solution

Ok, its July 15 and I am getting this error after doing a factory reset..who can help??

Tags (1)
BBsquared
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Working now...I had another WIFI source and connected to it. I received the link right after. No issues.

emi354

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem  All my apps, specifically YouTube with the same black display display screen hassle, became enormously buggy and the inner clock were given all out of whack. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @emi354

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you walk us through the issue you're experiencing?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hgh

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same problem... All of the details are present in the initial post. After a nap is no longer working no matter how many times you uninstall reinstall it turn off your TV turn on your TV the final result is the factory reset. Upon doing the factory reset and entering your email correctly it continues to say we're sorry to email you provided isn't working despite the email being associated with the account and being able to login to roku.com. Essentially locked out of our own TV and unable to get the activation link

Hgh

Jump to solution

@scottperezfox wrote:

FIXED. 

As part of all these problems-on-top-of-problems, I took the suggestion to restart the modem and router (even though the internet is working fine). That did it.

For whatever reason, a fresh connection helped jumpstart the TV and its Roku system back to full functionality.

If you're struggling with all this, try restarting the connection gear. It makes no sense, I know, but give it a try.

YES!! This is the only thing that worked!

0 Kudos
StxticMT

Jump to solution

Pretty late here, but I was having the same problem and I found that just by simply capitalizing the first letter of your email will fix the issue.

0 Kudos
blueClyde
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just got a Roku Express to replace an old XS. I'm having the same problem. I've tried rebooting my network equipment and using a capital letter as the first letter on my email address. It still doesn't work. And I'm logged in with my Roku account while writing this email, so my account is definitely working.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@blueClyde

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blueClyde
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@blueClyde

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

I sent the requested information via PM. I also called phone support about this. They never asked for the serial number, though. They were very nice and called me back saying that they needed to escalate the problem.

I see there are several threads in the forum about this type of problem. FWIW, I liked the old Roku activation better where the Roku gave you a number and you typed it into your account. It was a lot easier.