Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: roku tv "cannot reach you by email"

Jump to solution

Hi @marknpallavi

Thanks for the post.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Since you're getting ‘We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If still no luck, please reply here with your Roku device's serial number/device ID.It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device or on the box.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
DrMerengue

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. All I see is people ask me how to solve this problem. Do not see any solutions from the health team. I’ve tried to factory reset about five times so far.

0 Kudos
DrMerengue

Jump to solution

All I see is re-posts of the same question that I have. There is no advice coming from the help team. I have tried to restart over it six times, and always get the same message: “we can’t seem to reach you by email.” I’m entering my correct email address. Frustrating. I’d even be willing to buy a new Roku device if it would help. I have not been able to use mine for over a week now.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What worked for me was connecting to my hotspot on my phone, once I did that i put my email in and it sent an activation link to it. Hope this help 

stugpanzer
Reel Rookie

Yet another We can't seem to reach you by email.

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of not being able to activate a new Roku box.  I bought a Roku Express 4k+ and I am not receiving any emails.  I have reset multiple times as well as tried several different email addresses and I tried a couple of different wifi networks and still, I am not receiving the activation email.  I even sat for 30 minutes and kept hitting resend and checking my email.  I can't find a phone number to call or a way to submit a ticket.  How does this get resolved or do I just return it?!?!?!?!?!  

Why can't you have an activation code whereby we go to something like Roku/activate and type in the code.  This is just **bleep**!  If anyone (ESPECIALLY ROKU) can help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Yet another We can't seem to reach you by email.

Jump to solution

What you're describing is just like their original system.  The problem is that so many people these days don't quite know what a URL is or understand how important it is to be at the correct one.  As a result, people were putting the URL into search engines, and choosing a match that "sounded good" or accepting suggestions and they ended up at scam sites.  (Some scam sites were actually buying google ads to be shown at the top of searches.)   

In one case, a guy let scammers root around in his computer, install bogus security software, and he got charged $800 for that – all starting from trying to link his Roku.  People used to blame Roku for making such a scammable system all the time.

So, Roku came up with this system that currently is more fragile, but has dramatically reduced the complaints about getting scammed.

Anyway, that's the why – I know that doesn't help with the frustration when it doesn't work though!  You've probably viewed the big thread where some people got past it by either rebooting the Roku or rebooting the router. (If not, maybe try those.)

0 Kudos
stugpanzer
Reel Rookie

Re: Yet another We can't seem to reach you by email.

Jump to solution

I solved my issue.  It seems my internet carrier was (somehow) the issue.  I actually had signed up for a static address some time ago but never set it up.  My son has the same carrier and he has his static address enabled.  I was able to activate with no issues.  I went ahead and setup my static address my provider gave me and I reset the Roku box then tried again and it worked fine.  The only thing I can figure is with their (my provider)  DHCP service there is some sort of routing that (maybe) Roku blocks that they do not block when I am using Static.  The provider I use is a fiber provider called MetroNet which is a fiber internet provider.

0 Kudos
D_roc72

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email“. Keeps showing

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense Roku tv that keeps telling m“We can’t seem to reach you by email” 

serial number - X00100LRSRF3

device number- S01MH17RSRF3

0 Kudos
rgmelen77

Jump to solution

I have this same problem with my new 75 inch tv I’ve tried for a few hours now and nothing did anyone find a solution 

0 Kudos
DJTX1

Jump to solution

This solution doesn’t work. Tried over 10 factory resets. Nothing for over a week now. 

0 Kudos