Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

@prism, I can't comment on the email issue as I've never had a problem and have never capitalized the first letter of my email address, but as far as the serial number issue goes you must make sure you're using the Roku serial number and not the TCL serial number.  Roku TVs have at least two serial numbers and probably a Device ID to further complicate things.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GueroD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having an issue with my Roku express 4k. When I factory reset after being booted off of Netflix it has me go through another activation and when I get to the wireless connection part and put my password in it asks me if I am at home or in a college dorm, so I put at home and it connects then goes to the email screen and I put my email in and it says it cannot reach my email. I CANCELLED my account! Not happy about this! I even made another account and STILL the same issue!! What is going on?!?!

0 Kudos
selly_1958

Jump to solution

September 17 2022 and the problem still PERSISTS!!  Two days and here I am...still trying to get this **bleep** problem resolved.

0 Kudos
selly_1958

Jump to solution

After TWO DAYS reseach I just saw your fix and gave it a go. .......nope same ole **bleep**e: Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
SDPeg

Jump to solution

9-17-2022.....when will this issue be fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GueroD

We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @selly_1958 @SDPeg

Thanks for the posts.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GueroD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku stick express 4k I don't have a Roku tv

0 Kudos
Bryanshoey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a model 4800x; s/n S02A21253S41 with the same issue.. I can’t enter my email to perform Roku setup.. I’ve tried everything listed above.. please help!!!

0 Kudos
david572

Jump to solution

four roku boxs went out at same time, and cant reach you by email ten times,ready to cancel and go back to cable tv.

0 Kudos