Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milenamoit

Re: We can’t reach you by email

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with our TCL roku. Number 43S431

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Milenamoit

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? We would also recommend following my suggestion posted above then see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. 

Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pwrsurge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ever since the activation process was changed from on screen code to email, numerous people have been having issues activating their Roku device or TV.   The problem is being caused by significant delays for users to receive the activation email (i.e. a few hours), most likely due to the Roku's current server setup not being capable of handling the demand for sending all these activation emails. 

As the activation emails expire after only 30 minutes, they are often already expired once received so people keep trying and trying again causing a tsunami effect.

A few recommendations to help reduce the load that sending these activation emails are causing on the servers:

1. Only require email verification when linking the first device on an account or when creating an account online and use the previous on-screen code process for all additional devices on that account.  There is absolutely no purpose to force email validation again for additional devices other than to aggravate new users who are setting up multiple Roku devices in a home.

2. Increase the activation link timeout from 30 mins to something like 24 hours so that at least when there are slowdowns, the link will still be usable once received.

P.S. I have been trying to link an additional device to my account (new Express 4K) since yesterday but still haven't been able to as the activation emails keep arriving late (after a few hours) so the link is already expired!  Tried again this morning but it's pointless as it's already been over 1 hour and no new email yet.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @pwrsurge

We appreciate your feedback and thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku Express. It can be located underneath the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jwilly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

serial number x00100ct46wa and model number c210x

I've tried different email addresses, home network, hotspot, USB recovery and still get the message "we can't seem to reach you by email" when trying to activate my Hisense Roku TV.  I have 3 other Roku TVs that work fine but this one is new and gets locked in this endless loop of trying to activate but then never sends the email.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @jwilly

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jdett2525

Jump to solution

I have tried several times to connect my new 58” Hisense to my Roku account and all I get is “We can’t seem to reach you by email.” EVERY SINGLE TIME!  Been trying for over an hour! The email to reset my password was received in seconds!  PLEASE get this fixed ASAP!  Have this issue SINCE APRIL is ridiculous.  What is the solution??

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

We're here to help, @jdett2525

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku TV. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jdett2525

Jump to solution

Thank you, I apologize for my frustration… I’m just frustrated.  I didn’t mean to take it out on you.  It’s a Hisense Roku TV 58R6E3 S\N 58G210901H17241 Production Date: Apr. 26, 2021

0 Kudos
jdett2525

Jump to solution

And thank you!

0 Kudos