Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emwilbo
Reel Rookie

‘We can’t reach you by email’

I am trying to set up my second roku stick and when trying to send the activation link it says we can’t seem to reach you by email. I have tried multiple different email addresses and have tried to connect to mobile hotspot but it is still not working. I have factory reset it a lot of times but this is also not doing anything. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ‘We can’t reach you by email’

Hi @Emwilbo

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community and letting us know all that you've done! Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to assist you further in this problem. Kindly include the serial number/device ID of your Roku device.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emwilbo
Reel Rookie

Nothing has changed it still doesn’t work what am I meant to do with it?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emwilbo

Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device? 

You may also refer to this link on how to locate the serial number: How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MissBee
Binge Watcher

I fixed mine just now. I had to create a gmail email account and it worked in seconds. Please give it a try.

0 Kudos

we can’t seem to reach you by email

Help?! My Roku premiere stopped working last night. I tried all of the solutions I’ve seen offered and finally did a reset. Now I’m getting a “we can’t seem to reach you by email” message. I think it’s died after using it for a little over a year. 

0 Kudos

Roku Express - Model - 3930X S/N - 5009324MSY3P OK support, you have all you need.

My first Express, the remote lasted 30 days and i returned it. Repurchased at a different store 60 days ago and it started acting up yesterday. I did a factory reset after every option to correct failed. Now I cannot set it up because of the "we can't reach you by email message". There is no service, just figure it out yourself. They have no time, you do. I am going to return this one tomorrow and repurchase again. If I get the same problem, back it goes and I am done with Roku after years of using their service. I'll go back to cable. It costs more but at least it works.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@poocharoody

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing an issue with activating a Roku device, please provide us with the device serial number/device ID on the Roku device. Once we have more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos