Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tci818
Reel Rookie

Using Roku Stick on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi,

My friend has a Sanyo Roku TV, but has been experiencing what seems like wifi interference.  I read you can use an ethernet cable instead both with an adapter and the Roku Express 4K stick.

However, before purchasing the stick, I was wondering.  Would there being a conflict with 2 Roku remotes trying to communicate with 2 separate Roku devices on the same TV?  Would they intercept signals from each other and cause confusion?

Thanks for any help,

Trent

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tci818
Reel Rookie

Re: Using Roku Stick on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @makaiguy,

I see you're right, this 4K+ product does offer ethernet and the sound remote.  The Roku support page didn't mention it as they don't offer it anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll look online for it to be on sale somewhere.

Thanks, Trent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tci818 I have used a Roku Streaming Stick Plus on a TCL Roku TV for over a year.  The voice remote for the streaming stick and the Sanyo Roku TV remote will not interfere with each other.  I use the Streaming Stick Plus Remote to control the volume and turn the TV off/on just like any non Roku TV.  

0 Kudos
tci818
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @HDMIGuy,

Thanks for replying.  Looking at Roku's spec, they don't support ethernet on the Streaming Stick Plus, and the Roku Express 4K has a simple remote, not a voice remote.  The TV remote looks like a simple remote as well.  My concern would be with having 2 simple remotes.

Thanks,

Trent

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku Express 4K+ comes with a Voice Remote instead of the Simple IR remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
tci818
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @makaiguy,

I see you're right, this 4K+ product does offer ethernet and the sound remote.  The Roku support page didn't mention it as they don't offer it anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll look online for it to be on sale somewhere.

Thanks, Trent

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tci818  As @makaiguy indicated the Roku Express 4K+ has a voice remote, however it does not have an Ethernet connection.  

0 Kudos
tci818
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @HDMIGuy,

I couldn't find the Express 4K+ except through a 3rd party reseller.  But it got me thinking and researching.  Apparently I can purchase the Express 4K (which does support ethernet) and purchase a separate voice remote and manually pair the voice remote to the Express 4K.  Then I just have to kind of hide the line of sight IR receiver and the voice remote should connect via bluetooth.  Haha.  Kind of roundabout, but it should work!  =D

Thank you both for helping me.  I wasn't at all familiar with Roku before this.  I'm pretty confident it will help my friend.

Trent

0 Kudos