Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrSillery

Using 2 Roku sticks in the same house?

Jump to solution

I have 2 TVs. One has a Roku Streaming Stick +  and it's working great ( Netflix, Plex, ...).

If I buy a second Roku Streaming Stick + for my second TV... is there something two know? Ex. : Will the kids will be able to watch a movie on Netflix on the first TV while my wife and I are watching something else on the other TV... or each time that they will use the remote they will stop/change our movie?

Is it better to link the 2 Roku stick to the same account or to set up two different accounts?

Tx a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Using 2 Roku sticks in the same house?

Jump to solution

You can have as many Roku devices as you want and people can watch different channels on each. I own 9 Roku devices. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can have as many Roku devices as you want and people can watch different channels on each. I own 9 Roku devices. 

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have 5 Roku devices all linked to the same account.  I can watch 5 different programs.  I recommend that you link all devices to the same account, then any channel you add to one device is added to the other device.  You may have to login separately on each device the first time you use a channel.  Kids can watch a Netflix movie and you can watch a different Netflix movie or anything you have access to on the other TV.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Streamer317, you can have up to 20 devices linked to the same account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@renojim  I never gave a specific number. I said "I had 9 Roku devices". Thanks for jumping in at the last moment again. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Streamer317 wrote:

Hmm... I guess if you want to split hairs you didn't say they could all be linked to the same account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.