Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinadude
Channel Surfer

Used Roku 360 camera purchased at flea market

Jump to solution

I bought used Roku 360 Camera. I pressed reset and added it to my devices. Does this remove the device from the account of the person I purchased it from? The camera seems to move around without me moving it. I am wondering if the old account person can see my camera images after I reset the device. It was bought at a flea market, so not sure of who the old account person would be.  I don't want them spying on me through this camera.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Used Roku 360 Camera purchased at flea market

Jump to solution

Once it's linked to your account only people with access to your account can view it.

The motion tracking is a setting within the app.  I forget exactly where it is, but it's in there somewhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

Once it's linked to your account only people with access to your account can view it.

The motion tracking is a setting within the app.  I forget exactly where it is, but it's in there somewhere.

0 Kudos
carolinadude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. I did have the motion detection on. Just one more question, this device has a mac address. So, if that mac address is attached to another account will they be getting notification from this device or any other view options? Sorry, I'm really not too familiar with this. I do thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my original question. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

The MAC address isn't what gets linked to an account, so you have nothing to worry about.  Even if the previous user knows the MAC address they wouldn't be able to connect to the camera.

Edit:

So after saying how it's supposed to work, I came across this:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Cameras-doorbells/How-to-avoid-someone-hacking-into-my-camera-event-lo...

Now I'm a little worried that it doesn't work how it's supposed to.

carolinadude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I will buy a new one that hasn't been activated on another account. Thank you for your help and research on the issue.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@carolinadude 

The 360 camera has a feature setting called "Motion Tracking" that will follow movement and turn automatically.  You can disable this feature under the "More" menu.  Select the 360 cam from the SmartHome app, and select More.  Disable/toggle off the Motion Tracking. (when enabled/on, it will be highlighted purple).

Resetting the camera as you did and placing it on your account will remove it from the previous user's account.  The Roku cams can only be attached to one Roku account so you should be good to go.

EDIT... Somehow after posting this response, more postings appeared in this thread showing @renojim already addressed this question, so can disregard  the above.  (I guess just a little quirk in the forum software.)

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos