Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
logan55

Uninterrupted tv streaming for my mom

I just got a roku 4k for my aging mom. She has had a stroke and her cognitive abilities are in decline. She still enjoys watching TV and I want to cancel her cable television as she only turns on the tv and continues to watch whatever is on. However, the problem I've been having is when she is watching the roku channel the screen either times out or some sort of screensaver comes on and she cannot figure out how to get her show back. Is there anyway that the roku channel can stay running without any interruptions? I already have network saver turned off, roku screensaver timer is also off. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Uninterrupted tv streaming for my mom

I don't know if this will help, but try setting "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" to OFF.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos