Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgoody2

Unable to Link Roku Express internationally

Hello my new roku express showed up here in the Philippines.  Have tried several times to link to a new account.  I get to the part where it asks for link code displayed on TV.  No link code is on the TV.  One time however I went into my new myroku account and it showed a linked device.  The SN did not match completely and the device would not move past setup screen.  Deactivated the account and started over.  My internet is stable so I cannot understand the issue.  Please help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Link Roku Express internationally

No one knows why, but Roku has two slightly different numbers that it refers to as serial numbers in different places.  The number that's displayed as a linked device at https://my.roku.com should match the number displayed under Settings->System->About on the Roku device, but not the number on the device itself.  Yours was probably linked.  Roku had some kind of outage today, so keep trying.

Warning:  You may be disappointed in what's available on Roku in the Philippines since that's not a country Roku supports.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos