Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bakerrobert
Reel Rookie

Ultra compatIbility in UK

Jump to solution

Sorry to ask a question that seems to be on others' minds but I am being bought as a present a Roku Ultra from the United States and sent to, and to used be in, the UK. Will there be any connection or other issues - linked up to a new (2020) LG tv monitor?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra compatIbility in UK

Jump to solution

@bakerrobert-

Will this be a new device that has never been set up and linked to a Roku account before?  If so, when setting it up be sure you use a UK based email account and are connected to the internet via a UK based internet connection (i.e. not via a VPN server that masks your location).  If you already have a UK based Roku account, be sure to link this unit to it instead of creating a new one.

If you are being sent one that has already been set up you should clear out its memory before setting it up by performing a "factory reset".  With the unit connected and powered up, press and hold the reset button for over 30 seconds and wait for the unit to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@bakerrobert-

Will this be a new device that has never been set up and linked to a Roku account before?  If so, when setting it up be sure you use a UK based email account and are connected to the internet via a UK based internet connection (i.e. not via a VPN server that masks your location).  If you already have a UK based Roku account, be sure to link this unit to it instead of creating a new one.

If you are being sent one that has already been set up you should clear out its memory before setting it up by performing a "factory reset".  With the unit connected and powered up, press and hold the reset button for over 30 seconds and wait for the unit to restart.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
bakerrobert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Really helpful, thank you. One last question if I may please? How much faster is the Ultra over the Streaming stick 4+? 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@bakerrobert-

Sorry. I don't have either and can't answer that one.

. . This blasted community software requires posts to be at least 140 characters long. So...  Dum de dum de dum de dum de dum ...

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There will be a website somewhere with details of processors used for comparison.  Replying on a phone so not easy to search for the answer.  I think cordcuttersnews on YouTube has a comparison video.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos