Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to install latest update and it starts to restart and then won’t turn on

I bought a Roku SE yesterday and I went to set it up today And it was all normal until it ask me to install the latest update. It goes through up til the restart but then just won’t come back on unless I unplug it and plug it back in. When I do that we are back to square one. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Try to install latest update and it starts to restart and then won’t turn on

Hey @Kaycijojo123

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how your Roku device is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos